Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Child Labor Expose

While we were vending at this year's St. Paul's Craftstravaganza, I noticed something. I saw a cute, little, short person behind a table. It turns out it was a kid. Shalom is a 9 year old who makes letterpress cards and notebooks, and sells them along side her mother, Krista from Papered Together.

This was no refrigerator art, folks. This was wedding invitation quality artwork. This kid had way better business cards than we did.

I blame Gossip Girl for all of the pressure we put on our kids to get into Ivy League schools. I was going to give the little girl a coloring book while she was waiting for sales, but she probably would have upcycled it into postcards or a calendar.








4 comments:

Katie L. said...

lol, with her talent she probably would have!

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Cute.i can see the color book at a gallery.

Kim said...

how awesome is that?!

Beat Black said...

as long as shes doing it because she loves it and its not a pressure thing. I really wish I was doing that kind of stuff when I was 9!